€208,000 funding for Kilmore Quay

By Dan Walsh

Kilmore Quay has received a significant investment to the tune of €208,000 in capital funding for upgrade works and repairs and while there is a general welcome locally, Fianna Fáil member in the Rosslare Municipal District, Cllr Lisa McDonald is particularly impressed.

CLLR LISA McDONALD

“I am delighted to be informed that €208,000 in capital funding will be spent on upgrade works and repairs in Kilmore Quay, a busy fishing community in the Rosslare Municipal District,” said Cllr. McDonald.

She added; “75% (€156,000) of this funding comes from the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine, with the remaining 25% (€52,000) coming from Wexford County Council.

“This funding in Kilmore Quay will be utilised for an upgrade to power points (€80,000), repair to Quay walls (€25,000), Mooring Bollards (€25,000), an access ladder on the west pier (€18,000), repair works to the marina (€30,000) and the painting of marina piles (€30,000),” continued Cllr. McDonald.

Cllr McDonald also acknowledged the contribution of her party colleagues Minister James Browne, Senator Malcolm Byrne, Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Charlie McConalogue and Wexford County Council officials for their efforts to secure this funding.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: