By Dan Walsh
Chilly nights will soon arrive and in comes a new warm mattress and out goes the old mattress that has served the bedroom so well, but what happens the mattress that has worn out and is no longer considered an advantage to the household?
Sadly, many of them end up in the wrong places; beauty spots, over bridge parapets or on the side of the public road! To combat such anti-social activity, it has been the gift of Wexford County Council to facilitate a Mattress Amnesty and the 2022 details have been announced.
Wexford County Council will accept mattresses for recycling from households – commercial premises are excluded – at four Household Recycling Centres across Co. Wexford and here are the list of dates and locations;
Tuesday, September 6th to Friday, September 9th; Holmestown, Wexford Recycling Centre.
Tuesday, September 13th to Friday, September 16th; New Ross Recycling Centre.
Tuesday, September 20th to Friday, September 23rd; Gorey Household Recycling Centre.
Tuesday, September 27th to Friday, September 30th; Enniscorthy Recycling Centre.
The opening hours of the Recycling Centres are 8.15am to 12pm and 1pm to 4pm, Tuesday to Friday.
- No mattresses will be accepted on Saturdays.
- Mattresses should be clean and dry.
- There will be a limit of three mattresses per vehicle and one visit per vehicle is permitted during the Amnesty.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions, staff will not be permitted to handle mattresses.
- €2 entry fee applies at all four Recycling Facilities.
For further information, please contact Wexford County Council on 053 919 6000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.